Table of Contents
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing enables on-demand consumption of IT Services and resources over a network. Cloud Computing relieves users of directly managing and maintaining the underlying resources, ranging from infrastructure fundamentals like compute and data research to complete a number of various applications.
Some of the benefits of Cloud Computing are:-
- Business Continuity
- Disaster Recovery
- Simplified Operations
Types of Cloud Computing Models / Service
There are three types of Cloud Computing Models:-
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) – This is a Cloud Computing method which offers and manages instant computing infrastructutre over the Internet.
- PaaS (Platform as a Service) – It is a set of services to build and manage modern applications in the digital era. PaaS provides all the fundamental benefits of Cloud Computing.
- SaaS (Software as aService) – It is a software which is owned, delivered and managed remotely by one or more providers.
Example of different types of Cloud Computing:
Some of the widely used examples of Cloud Computing are :-
- Google Cloud Platform
- Microsoft 365
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Microsoft Power BI
- Workplace by OS33
- Nerds Support Cloud
Cloud Computing Architecture
Essentially, cloud computing concerns the needs of applications, servers, data storage, etc. Computing companies share a pool of self-serviced Internet access, etc.
Cloud’s main function is to provide cloud-based delivery with an event-driven architecture based on services. Put together The role of cloud architecture is used to create virtualized environments that enable pooling resources regardless of physical hardware limitations.
Types of Cloud Deployment Models
In Cloud Computing there are total four types of Cloud Deployment models:-
- Private Cloud – Private cloud is known as internal cloud infrastructure. Private Cloud solutions are designed only for one single organization or business and have more specific security controls than a public cloud. For Example- A private cloud is like a company that owns a mall, restaurant, etc.
- Public Cloud – Public Cloud is known as external cloud infrastructure. These cloud solutions are available from Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and others. Public Cloud means services and infrastructure to the public, and you and to your organization. For Example- A Public cloud is like the number of floors in a maal, and no. of dishes in a restaurant.
- Hybrid Cloud – The mesh of two cloud deployment models which satisfies the needs of the organization is known as Hybrid Cloud. It is a combination of a private-public, private community, public community models. The vendors of Hybrid Cloud are Google, Amazon, Microsoft, IBM, Dell, etc.
- Community Cloud – The organizations which share common interests and niches such as compliance interests and policies are known as Community Cloud. This cloud can exist on-premise and off-premise. These types of cloud are managed by third-party organizations.
Types of Hypervisor in Cloud Computing:
Hypervisor is a firmware or a software layer which is installed on the physical hardware which allows the splitting of physical machine into a number of virtual machines. Hyperviser is a key to enable virtualisation.
In Cloud Computing there are two types of Hyperviser:-
- Type 1 Hypervisor – The type 1 Hypervisor is known as native or bare – metal Hypervisor which is directly installed on hardware that splits hardware into a number of virtual machines where installation of guest operating systems takes place. For example – Oracle VM Server for SPARC, Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Type 2 Hypervisor – The Type 2 Hypervisor Is known by the name of hosted Hypervisor which is installed within an operating system having the advantage that there should be no need for a Hypervisor management console. These Hypervisor does not support dynamic applications of RAM, so a lot amount of care is required at the time of allocating resources to the virtual machines. For example – Virtual Box, VMware workstation.
Types of Virtualization in Cloud Computing:
Virtualization is the creation of virtual servers such as desktop, storage device, operating system or network resources. Basically, Virtualization is a technique which allows to share single physical instance of resource among multiplication customers and organisations.
The typess of Virtualization in Cloud Computing are :-
- Hardware Virtualization – It is the most common type of Virtulization in which a Virtual Machine Manager(VMM) is directly installed on hardware system.
- Operating System Virtualization – In this type of virtualization the Virtual Machine Manager(VMM) is installed on host operating system.
- Server Virtualization – This type of Virtualization allows multiple virtual machines to function on one physical server.
- Storage Virtualization – Storage Virtualization is the process of grouping the physical storage from multiple network storage devices so that it looks like a single storage device.
IaaS vs DaaS vs PaaS vs SaaS – which one should we use?
IaaS is the best model one should use as customers can control their own data infrastructure without having to physically manage it on-site. Instead, they can access and store data on servers via a dashboard or API
How many cloud providers are there?
There are more than 800 cloud providers will help you get to the public cloud.
What are the three types of Cloud Computing?
There are three main service models of cloud computing – Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS).
What type of Cloud Computing deployment model does IBM provide?
There are three deployment models available: IBM Watson public cloud, premium plans which provides additional data isolation within the public cloud, or a dedicated cloud environment for when clients need infrastructure dedicated only for their use.
Is Google Docs an example of Cloud Computing?
Yes, Google Docs is an example of Cloud Computing. The google docs is generally composed of three basic components and it is a office based suite .
Google docs can be accessed through any web server from any computing devices .
What type of Cloud Computing has the Biggest share in the market?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has the biggest share in Cloud Computing. In 2018, Amazon reported revenues of $15.4 billion, a growth of 26.8% on the previous year.
What are different types of Datacenters in Cloud Computing?
The main types of Datacenters in Cloud computing are:
1. Containerized Datacenter
2. Low-Density Datacenters
Cloud Computing is the new technological development which has potential to have a great impact on world. It provides a number of benefits to its users and business. There are zero standards or regulations worldwide provided data through Cloud Computing.
Cloud Computing provides you a large area of investment in the area of Information Technology giants like – Microsoft, Google, IBM, etc. And it is well expected that the use of Cloud Computing will increase a lot in the upcoming future.